Weiming Xiong: China Renewable Energy Optimization and Planning Model (REPO) and its Application, PhD thesis, Tsinghua University, 2016
- High penetration renewable energy in power sector is the key solution to reach carbon peak before 2030 for China
- Curtailment of renewable power brings great uncertainty to long-term investment
- To achieve high RE penetration in power sector reform
- Economic potential and its spatial distribution of renewable power ?
- How to model the optimal pathway of renewable energy development ?
- How generation cooperate with transmission to transport renewable energy ?
- How other sectors cooperate with power sector to integrate renewable energy ?
- How to achieve renewable energy with policy instruments ?
REPO（Renewable Electricity Planning and Operations）Model
- Bottom-up long-term capacity planning and operation model for power and CHP sectors ,least-cost solution for both sectors, generation& transmission capacity investment and operation from 2012 to 2050
- Unit-commitment in long-term capacity model structure
- High-resolution （0.5longitude*0.66 latitude）, provincial transmission matrix
- 57technologiesincludinggeneration,CHP,storage, ….
- Based on Balmorel platform, Relaxed Mixed Integer LP problem in GAMS